Friday, January 03, 2003

2002....the year that was....

...A MEDIUM-SIZED WASHOUT, to put it plainly. Here's a quick rundown:

Took shrapnel from a few people on the 'Net, including Aimo and Zid. OK, so I tend to ramble too much (in Zid's case) or overdo my generosity (in the Aimo fiasco...say, that rhymes...@_@), but I sincerely hope that we can all get along with each other without tearing each other to pieces over a misplaced comment or two. Truce? Hope you'll agree, comrades.

Genetic Modification seems to have a lot of issues behind it....this URL contains a lot of details (although it's not involved with the Ring in any way. Happy now, Zid?).

What worries me is that the Monsanto Corporation was ALSO involved in Malaysia a long time ago. God knows what kind of toxins must've ended up in our bloodstreams by now.

There's also talk of war; at this very moment, both the United States Of Amerika (deliberate mispelling, due to contempt) and Iraq (who's also not worth respecting, either) are poised for a nasty fight.

Idiots.

Haven't they learnt anything? The annals of history clearly show that when the blood of a nation / religion begins to run freely, all others will surely follow! The Holocaust and World War II (complete with Hiroshima's destruction) are just a few examples of what happens when this rule is flouted.

Yet, humanity...it ceases to learn from the past. Hence why we're all paying for this whole mess with our lives.

Three items mentioned already? Let's see....

Very nearly got involved in an accident (as the previous blog entry clearly stated) this year. Still alive. Much to the chagrin of some who'd prefer me dead. Rest assured, my death will come....in time.

Just one more thing. My sister, Siti Aisyah, passed away at 3:00 p.m., May 6th, 2002. I wept for her, as I continue to weep for those who were killed in the World Trade Centre Incident (11th Sept 2001) and to the Palestinians who were forced out of their homes, some killed, even.

I grieve that we have become less tolerant of people. Our morals have suffered to a certain degree. Are we really, truly, worthy of being humans on this Earth, if all we think about is hurting each other?

Right, that's 5 items.

Now for the good news.

My patience has not yet disappeared from my heart, throughout 2002.

My sanity is relatively intact, although my mind says otherwise...(yes, Zid, I'm rambling again...^_^;;)

My endurance has still served me well, and I thank God that it has. Gen can attest to that. ^_~

Thanks to a DIE-T I'm on, I've lost some weight. With luck, I should reach 80 or 70 kgs, sooner or later.

Now the only thing is technology. There's been a surplus of new technologies in the world today, especially in tissue regeneration and replication of semiconductor materials. Popular Science has most of that info.

The only thing left is to strengthen myself to face this new year, and my life thereafter, in the best way I can.

I've a long way before I can claim that coveted rank I've been lusting for all this time. It's up to me to make the best of it.

Saviour-V opens a door right behind him, which leads into a room with lots of food, and a few good consoles to boot!

Happy (Belated) New Year. Hope that things progress well enough for you, no matter where you are.

No comments: