Thursday, December 19, 2002

One thing I've realized after I read Kalamari's blog today was that us humans have become less forgiving over the past 2 decades or so. How saddening.

Only yesterday, when my brother was bringing me back from work, did I get to see just how fatal this flaw could get.

It was a rather rainy evening, sometime after 6:30 p.m. Malaysian time. My brother was driving, listening to the radio (on full blast, as usual...).

Inevitably, we ended up in a minor traffic jam (due to the weather, no doubt...) on a rather narrow road. Things were inching by...

Until some idiot attempted to overtake our car (and force us onto the sidewalk) and SUCCEEDED in getting past us. Although I was momentarily annoyed by that guy's actions, my brother did the UNTHINKABLE.

HE PURSUED THE GUY AND PROMPTLY GAVE HIM THE BIRD! NOT ONCE, BUT TWICE!

Ignoring his own safety, and mine as well.

Now, I've had my share of idiocy in the past. Some idiot of a motorcyclist (with girlfriend in tow) chased me after I nearly bumped into him (although it was HIS FAULT for coming through the other side of a one-way road!). When I stopped on one side of the road, he came up to my car, slapped me, and nearly broke my windows too. I've been cursing that guy with a Death's Curse ever since that episode, which happened in 1999.

But that does NOT compare to what my brother did yesterday. Had he gotten into anything unexpected, both of us might have had to pay dearly for it.

How idiotic of him!

Anger is a dangerous emotion to carry around. If it is not controlled well enough, it may spell the end of many a good relationship.

Which is why I prefer to avoid nasty confrontations. Officially, I was a bit aggrieved at one person's comments on her blog when I genuinely offered assistance, yesterday. But I believe that she had her reasons, so I sincerely apologize.

However, I do wish she'd control her anger. For a person to reach the blessed status of being properly human, he / she must control his / her anger, and only use it when the situation calls for it.

Ah, well, I'm rambling by myself again. Although not many people visit this derelict home of a hermit...^_^;;

"Humanity may have gained lots of knowledge over the years, but wisdom is still lacking in most of them, even now...." - Saviour-Crisis-V.

No comments: