Thursday, October 02, 2003

I have been betrayed.

One of my closest friends of mine took a decision to adversely affect her life, even after I mentioned that I would always be around to offer her advice whenever she needed it.

Suffice to say, I am terribly aggrieved by her actions. Her decision could come at the cost of her life. Most of our youth today often fail to realize that spur-of-the-moment decisions tend to affect them adversely when they become older (but sometimes NOT always wiser).

Ordinary people would've terminated their friendships if this ever happened to them, but given the fact that they are human, it's forgivable.

In my case, however, all I can do is pray for her safety, and keep my doors open. That way, perhaps her heart might be opened wide enough to notice my comforting presence, and she'll come round to ask me for advice and forgiveness.

This is what will, God willing, separate me from the anger that her actions have caused to me.

And if she happens to be reading this account, God willing, I will honour my promise.

I hope that He grants me the strength to carry on with my mission.

No comments: