Wednesday, March 09, 2005

Saviour-V teleports in...

Monday, March 7th, 2005:

Celebrated my birthday on that day. Got a large enough cake, and a huge meal to go with it. Sure, there may not have been many guests, but I was glad I could celebrate it with the family I hold dear.

Also, I found out that Gran might be more technologically savvy than any of us. Even with her Alzheimer's. I was in her house, when Mum showed up and asked Gran to turn on the fan, since her air-con remote was in the repair shack.

Being forgetful, as usual, Gran reached for her radio's remote. For her JVC radio. She then pointed it at her Panasonic air-con, and pressed a button.

The few seconds leading up to that last action had me going, "Poor Gran, she doesn't even realize that her remote's gone, and now she's using a different remote for the air-con. It'll NEVER work!"

The above statement was promptly shattered the very instant her air-con hummed into life! Now, that's quite unusual. Perhaps the idea of the "universal remote" is much closer than I thought.

OK, so this entry's kind of short, but don't worry, I'm working on lengthening it a bit.

Saviour-V teleports out...

Current Music: Apparition LE -Thousand Mix-, from the S.C.X. homepage. Look in the "Remix Songs" section.

Yes, I know the place is in Japanese, but it's where I got that track, so get a translation tool, and you should be OK.

No comments: