Tuesday, January 22, 2008

Saviour-V teleports into the Blood Phoenix Sanctuary, looking slightly dazed....

Ladies and gentlemen, I should like to inform you all that sometimes, Life DOES have a tendency to flash in front of your eyes at important points in your life.

Case in point: Monday, 21st January 2008, 23:45 hours.

I was driving home from a business meeting in Petaling Jaya that night, and it was just after I took a brief catnap in a petrol station about 15 minutes before that fateful time.

I decided to take a shortcut to avoid the second toll-gate and head back to Klang quickly, so I went through the underpass and headed through to the road that led past PUSPAKOM, the place where I first obtained my driver's licence 8 years ago.

And just before I got to the traffic lights that led to the shortcut to Klang, I accidentally fell asleep for a few seconds. THEN, I saw the container truck, and slammed on the brakes too late.

Apart from the jarring shock that wiped out my sleepiness, I was surprised that I managed to survive, because when I saw the looming container, I was going "This is it, I'm really going to die this time!"

The fact that I didn't die proves that God still loves me, I guess....because this is the 3rd sleepiness-related accident I've had, and the 1st that actually involves someone else's life (well, more like MY life, that is...).

But TS&D (that said and done) one still has to stay in the fight. Wish me luck, ladies and gentlemen.

Saviour-V teleports into the Blood Phoenix Sanctuary, humming "Still Alive" by Jonathan Coulton, from the game "Portal"....

No comments: